If you fall within the small niche of collecting both videogames and stamps, the Royal Mail has a real treat for you in the form of some recently announced stamps based on classic games and franchises.
Available from 21st January, this set honours properties from the 80s and 90s which were designed or otherwise made in the UK.
The set is broken into two packs: one variety pack focused on eight different games, and another pack of four entirely for Tomb Raider.
The two packs collected together are as follows:
- Elite | 1984 | BBC Micro and Acorn Electron Second Class
- Dizzy | 1987 | ZX Spectrum £1.60
- Populous | 1989 | Commodore Amiga £1.60
- Lemmings | 1991 | Commodore Amiga First Class
- Micro Machines | 1991 | Sega Mega Drive £1.55
- Sensible Soccer | 1992 | Commodore Amiga First Class
- Wipeout | 1995 | Sony Playstation £1.55
- Worms | 1995 | Commodore Amiga Second Class
- Atlantean Scion | Tomb Raider | 1996 First Class
- Ora Dagger | Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft | 1998 £1.55
- Philosopher’s Stone | Tomb Raider Chronicles | 2000 £1.55
- Ceremonial Dagger | Tomb Raider | 2013 First Class
If you’d like to put your name and money down ahead of time, these stamps can actually be pre-ordered.
Despite there being just 12 stamps, there are 16 different ways to buy them in various bundles forms. The full pre-order page can be found here for your perusal, but the eight game pack is £8.92, and the Tom Raider one is going for £4.50.