As it has been doing for months now, Steam has released details about what games have done well on its platform int he last month.
The two categories here are for paid games (chosen by revenue generated in the first two weeks after launch) and free to play titles (chosen by number of unique players two weeks after launch).
In the paid category we see two familiar faces in Dragon ball Z: Kakarot and Temtem, but the rest are relatively obscure. This may be an indication of a slow January but it may also mean that we were a bit blind to foreign games coming out of places such as China.
For free titles Darwin Project and Soviet Jump Game are the two standouts, at least when it comes to name recognition. The former made a bit of a splash in the battle royale genre and the latter has the backing of popular content creators Game Grumps, who acted as the publisher for the titled and assisted in marketing the game to those who may not have seen it otherwise.
The lists for both categories for top releases can be found below. As Steam does not actually state the exact performance of each title, we’ve ordered the lists alphabetically.
January’s Top Releases on Steam
- Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
- Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky DX
- Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea DX
- Coffee Talk
- Commandos 2 – HD Remaster
- Deeeer Simulator
- Dragon ball Z: Kakarot
- GemCraft – Frostborn Wrath
- Not For Broadcast
- Paranormal HK / 港詭實錄
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV
- Sands of Salzaar / 部落与弯刀
- some some convenience store 썸썸 편의점
- Super Robot Wars X
- The Pedestrian
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
- Warhammer Underworlds: Online
January’s Top Free Releases on Steam
- Coloring Game 2
- Darwin Project
- Grim Clicker
- Soccer Manager 2020
- Soviet Jump Game