South Africa is currently on lockdown to try to stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) but we’ve busted out the home mics and Discord to remotely record this week’s episode of the africast.
We have to start with the big topic of COVID-19 as we cover some of its effects both in the country and abroad, on top of providing some useful information that has been disseminated by our government and some other institutions.
We end off the news segment with some coverage of the Huawei P40 lineup, which was recently announced.
For features we start with the local school St David’s Marist Inanda, which is using various online free tools to continue education through the lockdown.
Next up is Doom Eternal which we’ve been playing many hours of lately and can finally render a verdict on.
Finally we go back to the topic of COVID-19 to talk about local online retailer Takealot, which remains functional during the lockdown but only to order essential goods such as groceries. This may be a good option for those unable to get their own during these weird times.
We will be back next week to hopefully talk about some more positive topics, so everyone stay safe (and indoors) until then.
Mentioned in this africast:
- The SA government’s official COVID-19 page
- Huawei expecting to launch P40 and P40 Pro locally in May
- How this school uses digital education to help students during COVID-19
- Doom Eternal review
- Takealot will remain open during lockdown to sell essential goods
COVID-19 regulations and statements from the source
- Regulations to address, prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19
- Statement from Minister of Police, Bheki Cele
- Transport restrictions during lockdown
- Department of Health COVID-19 website