After defeating the technical gremlins that caused us to miss last week, the africast is back again.
For news this week we talk about the ever shifting goalposts of the South African pandemic lockdown, bad exchange rates inflating the price of the Nintendo Switch, and Zoom’s recent flip on providing encryption for all its users.
Our main topic this week is game reviews. The Last of Us Part II launches today and despite being a runaway success, it’s being review bombed. The nature of reviews on the internet in 2020, cancel culture and the simple act of reading past headlines are all on the agenda for today.
With so many on the internet either getting angry at reviews or questioning the need for them in the first place, where do they stand in the current year?
Mentioned in this africast:
- The businesses that can soon operate under new level 3 regulations
- Weak Rand pushes price of the Nintendo Switch to R7999
- Zoom changes its mind and now all users will get end-to-end encryption
- The Last of Us Part II Review: The True Cost of Revenge
- Of Course The Last of Us 2 Is Being Review Bombed
- Enter the Gungeon: A 2019 re-review