While much has been said about how data helps drive decisions over the years, something folks often forget to mention is that somebody needs to interpret that data.
In short, data is valuable, but to unearth that value you need a data scientist. Think of it like data being oil under the sea and a data scientist being the team tasked with getting that oil to the surface.
In a bid to bring more data scientists to the fore and help firms tap into their data with greater effect, eLearningCurve, a Master Data Management partner, has launched a data science certification program.
“The severe shortage of data science skills worldwide means that institutions must look internally to grow skills. The CIMP data science curriculum is a well-tested avenue to fill the gaps between data science hiring and staffing that are the norm today,” says managing director at Master Data Management, Gary Allemann.
The program being offered by eLearningCurve will pass along fundamental concepts of data science while trying to cover the needs of data scientist.
The courses available include:
- Data Science Fundamentals
- Artificial Intelligence Fundamentals
- Framing and Planning Data Science Projects
- Data Understanding and Preparation for Data Science
- Data Mining Concepts & Techniques
- Hadoop Fundamentals
- Putting the Science in Data Science
- Diagnostic Analytics Using Statistical Process Control
- Prescriptive Analytics Using Simulation Models
- Data Mining in R
- Introduction to NoSQL
- Additional courses are in development and will be added over the course of this year.
- Data Science Certification
More courses are being developed and will be added to eLearningCurve’s offering throughout the year.
As Allemann eluded to earlier, the data science program includes the Certified Information Management Professional accreditation.
Programs can taken up as a package of courses or you can choose to follow one of the courses above.
All of the eLearningCurve courses pertaining to data science can be found at this link with prices ranging from $305 (~R5 254) to $2 695(~R46 430).
[Image – CC 0 Pixabay]