Terraria, the exploration and building game from 2011, now holds the second highest rating from player reviews on Steam.
This is according to Steam 250, an automated site that updates daily to show the order of the best reviewed games on the platform. When Terraria claimed the silver several people on sites like Reddit pointed out the change.
Terraria’s spot in second is rather impressive given the other games on the list. At the time of writing the top 10 games are as follows, together with the percentage of positive reviews. More details about how Steam 250 calculates this list can be found here.
- Portal 2 – 99 per cent of 201 801 reviews
- Terraria – 98 per cent 558 394 reviews
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 98 per cent 393,109 reviews
- Factorio – 99 per cent 80 553 reviews
- Stardew Valley – 98 per cent 254 196 reviews
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 – 97 per cent 321 215 reviews
- Left 4 Dead 2 – 97 per cent 368 984 reviews
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth – 98 per cent 108 969 reviews
- Rimworld – 98 per cent 78 603 reviews
- Counter-Strike – 97 per cent 162 040 reviews
As expected many Valve games populate the list with only Portal 2 managing to beat Terraria. For those wondering Half-Life 2, a title many consider to be the best game ever made, is currently in the 17th spot. Half-Life: Alyx is actually ahead of it right now at 14th.
“This update has been a labor of love, tirelessly worked on by our team over a good while, and we truly feel that it brings Terraria to the next level, to a place where the core game can finally be called ‘complete’,” reads the Journey’s End announcement.
Nabbing this spot in the top echelon of Steam games seems like a fitting way to tie up the game.