Formula E, the racing series based on electric vehicles, will have the final six rounds of its seasons broadcast live in South Africa throughout August.
This is thanks to a partnership between Jaguar South Africa and e-Movement. The latter is a “bid company” which is seeking to bring Formula E races to Cape Town. e-Movement is hoping to host e-Fest, a five day event in the Mother City at the end of 2021. Hopefully the current ongoing pandemic will be snuffed out or at least properly contained by then.
The last time we spoke about Jaguar Land Rover it was actually in connection to this, as the company worked with the University of Cambridge to create a touchscreen which doesn’t need to be touched, in an effort to quell physical contact.
That’s in the abstract, however, and the final races for the cemented Formula E races will be broadcast on SuperSport 6, which is DStv channel 206.
“This is a historic first in South Africa, and Jaguar is thrilled to bring the televised all-electric Formula E season finale to fans in our region. This package is an exciting new element in our support of e-Movement’s bid to secure a World Championship Formula E round on the streets of Cape Town,” Says Lisa Mallett, marketing director at Jaguar Land Rover South Africa.
The schedule for the live Formula E races is below:
- Round 6 Qualifying – 2PM, 5th August
- Round 6 Race – 6PM, 5th August
- Round 7 Qualifying – 2PM, 6th August
- Round 7 Race – 6.30PM, 6th August
- Round 8 Qualifying – 2PM, 8th August
- Round 8 Race – 6.30PM, 8th August
- Round 9 Qualifying – 2PM, 9th August
- Round 9 Race – 6.30PM, 9th August
- Round 10 Qualifying – 2PM, 12th August
- Round 10 Race – 6.30PM, 12th August
- Round 11 Qualifying – 2PM, 13th August
- Round 11 Race – 6.30PM, 13th August