Children of Morta has some surprising, paid DLC called Paws and Claws that has some real world good intentions behind it.
The DLC costs just $3.99 (~R67.60) with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the Humane Society International (HSI), an organisation that works around the world to protect all kinds of animals from harm and mistreatment.
As you may have guessed by the name of the DLC and the involvement of the HSI, the content here is based around animals. In the actual game an animal shelter is added to the family home which acts as the staging area.
The exact contents of it are as follows –
Paws and Claws DLC – key new features:
- Animal shelter system – adds a whole new section of the house!
- A herd of varied animals will visit the family’s house – deer, fox, birds, and more.
- New mechanic – use treats to feed animals and look after them.
- New special animal-related boosts (XP Gain, Movement Speed, and more) available for the Bergsons.
- New home interactive events
- More than 100 new animations, big and small, showing you the life of your new animal friends!
Treasure Pack – free update features:
- Six new Divine Graces
- Eight new Consumables: Talisman of Protection, Iron Hide, and more.
- 12 new Divine Relics: Burning Edge, Ferocious Shards, Wand of Protection, and more.
If you’ve not played the base game, Children of Morta is a roguelike with a heavy focus on story and features playable characters all from the Bergsons family. It is their home that acts as the aforementioned staging area and will be filled with more animals with this DLC.
Children of Morta as well as the Paws and Claws DLC is available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.