Pandemic or no pandemic, the africast is back for another installment, all recorded remotely and safely, of course.
The news this week has been a roller coaster to say the least. South African cinemas open up today and we’ve seen Christopher Nolan’s new film Tenet. Tesla was roped into an international incident which saw its employee turn down a bribe from a Russian man to infect its network. We also touch on Facebook and its involvement (or lack thereof) in the lead up to Kenosha shootings in Wisconsin.
Our main topic today is Gamescom 2020, which had an opening livestream event that released many games, DLC, expansions and more. Our picks from it include big names like Doom Eternal and World of Warcraft, as well as indie titles such as Override 2, Fall Guys and 12 Minutes.
The full Gamescom Opening Night Live event stream is available to watch here, though strap in as its around two and a half hours long. The archived video is also very choppy, as was the original stream.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Tenet and Mulan will headline the re-opening of South African cinemas
- Facebook chose not to take action on Wisconsin militia group despite it being flagged by users
- Override: Mech City Brawl will get a sequel this year
- DOOM Eternal – The Ancient Gods, Part One
- Fall Guys – Season 2 Sneak Peek
- TWELVE MINUTES | Cast Reveal Trailer
- The Sims 4: Star Wars Journey to Batuu – Official Reveal
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Bastion