The africast is back once again, this time on the Heritage Day public holiday here in South Africa and the focus this week will be some interesting movies and TV shows to fill the long weekend.
First up, however, is some accedes of our time with the Samsung Galaxy Fold3, an impressive piece of engineering that does a lot right, but falls down in some crucial areas and has us worried sick thanks to its “second hand car” level price.
Next is the Nintendo Switch OLED model which finally got its South African pricing ahead of the 8th October local release. It’s not has much as the Fold but it’s still pricey, especially compared to the overseas RRP.
Finally in the news is the Debt-IN breach which has seen very sensitive data of South Africans leaked onto the dark web. With POPIA now in effect it will be interesting to see what the government does with this company.
Back to our main topic and we have a wide gamut of content for you to watch from both big streaming services which you may already have a subscription for down to smaller YouTube channels you can enjoy for free. There’s more than enough here to fill several long weekends and if you watch everything you’ll be sorted until the end of 2021 and beyond.
Stories mentioned in this africast:
- Nintendo Switch OLED model is R7999 in South Africa
- Data of 1.4 million South Africans exposed on the dark web following Debt-IN breach
- Bloody interesting – Squid Game is the best thing on Netflix this year
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 Review: A Work in Progress
YouTube recommendations mentioned:
Netflix recommendations mentioned:
- I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson
- The IT Crowd
- Squid Game
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Sex Education
Amazon Prime Video recommendations mentioned:
- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
- Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
- Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
- Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time
Showmax recommendations mentioned:
- Normal People