The former Minister of Communications and SABC chairs were found to have not told the whole truth.
Professor Mbulaheni Maguvhe, has resigned as the SABC board chairperson, leaving the public broadcaster with no non-executive board.
Mbulaheni Maguvhe failed to pitch before the ad committee on the SABC inquiry in parliament yesterday afternoon after walking out on Wednesday.
Sole-remaining non-executive SABC board member, Professor Mbulaheni Maguvhe has lashed out against the ad hoc committee on the public broadcaster’s inquiry.
Mbulaheni Maguvhe, Hlaudi Motsoeneng and other members of the silently SABC walked out of parliament’s inquiry during the AG’s presentation.
The Parliamentary inquiry into the SABC has been stalled due to an appeal to the dismissed interdict by Mbulaheni Maguvhe.
The SABC inquiry was meant to kick off last week, but was postponed when Maguvhe launched an urgent interdict at the Western Cape High Court to halt it.
SABC board member, Mbulaheni Maguvhe, applied to interdict the inquiry into the public broadcaster and the board’s fitness to hold office.
Maguvhe is the only non-executive SABC board member, while James Aguma, Audrey Raphela and Bessie Tungwana, remain as executive board members.
The chair of the SABC board, Professor Mbulaheni Maguvhe, has said he is not stepping down from his position, regardless of a parliamentary inquiry.
Hlaudi Motsoeneng has said he will not pursue a matric or tertiary certificate, indicating that he performs well in his duties, without qualifications.